IEEE society established in the year 2015 to enable students to explore other academic activities beyond their regular classroom learning.
IEEE Student Branch Shiv Nadar University (IEEE SNUSB)
IEEE Geo-Code Shiv Nadar University Student Branch: STB17081
Establishment Date: Approved by IEEE on 17th February 2015.
Student Branch (SB) Chair: Naveenkumar Marati, PhD Research Scholar, Department of Electrical Engineering.
SB Counselor:Prof. Vijay Kumar Chakka, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering.
SB Coordinator:Dr. Phaneendra Babu Bobba, Asst.Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering.
IEEE SNUSB is established under the IEEE Region-10, Uttar Pradesh section, India. SNUSB is consisting nearly 50 members (which includes Student, Graduate Student, Members and Senior Members).
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) student branch affinity group Shiv Nadar University
IEEE Geo-code: SBA17081
Establishment Date: Approved by IEEE on 4th February 2016.
WIE Affinity group Chair: Haarica Murthy, 3rd year B.Tech Student. Dept of EE
Few Notable Participation and Recognition (s) to SNU IEEE Student Branch (At National/ International Events):
- SNU Student Branch member Mr.Naveenkumar Marati is a member of IEEE India Council Student Activities Committee (SAC) – Industrial relations coordinator for the year 2017-18.
- SNU Student Branch members (Mr.Naveenkumar Marati, Mr.Goli Srikant) participated in All India student, young professional and women in engineering congress-2016 (AISYWC-16).
- SNU Student Branch members (Ms.Vijaya Meghana Chakka, Ms.Ekta Kapoor) participated in International student, WIE and young professional congress-2015 (Region-10 Asia Pacific).
- SNU Student branch participated in UPP mini project competition, India and got selected for final 12 projects throughout India. Got cash award of 15000/- for developing prototype.
- SNU Student branch conducted TI Anlogmaker-2015 competition at Shiv Nadar University with Texas Instruments (Edgate Technologies, India). Got Sponsorship of 5- Texas Instrument Watches as the first prize of worth 25000/-.
- SNU Student Branch participated in IEEE Programming League 2.0, and ranked overall 5th position across India in April 2016.
- SNU Student Branch participated in IEEE Programming contest IEEE Xtreme 2016.
- SNU student team has reached a Technical Quiz final conducted by IIIT Allahabad and UP section in 2016.
IEEE Student Branch Conducts Workshops in every semester:
- Orientation session conducted to the newly joined undergraduate students on IEEE Student Branch and its activities on 10th August 2017.
- A seminar talk by Dr. Gaurang Vakil (Asst. Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK.) on the topic “Advancements of Electrical machines and its applications” on 17th August 2017.
- MATLAB is conducted during 23rd August to 25th August 2017. The number of participants for the workshop is 50 students (which includes PhD students from Physics and UG students). Delivered by Research Scholars (Naveenkumar Marati, Ashish Kushuwaha, Richards Joe S, Goli Srikanth, Basheeruddin Shah, Vinay Sharma).Workshop
Events Planned for Monsoon 2017:
- On October 3rd 2017, planned to celebrate IEEE day at SNU IEEE SB.
- Technical Quiz is planned for IEEE day.
- Planned a lecture series of on wireless communication and its applications
- Other workshops on Arduino and Rasberry Pi are in pipeline.
Events Conducted During Spring 2016:
- Conducted MATLAB and Simulink workshop in April 16th 2017.
- Conducted gaming events during Carnival
- Remote controlled Racing competition
- Live wire
IEEE Core Committee:
Faculty Co-coordinators: Prof. Vijay K Chakka
Dr. Phaneendra Babu Bobba
Founding Chair: Naveen Kumar Marati (PhD Scholar)
Chair: Indu Sai Teja Nadella (EEE 4 th year)
Vice Chair: Alapati Sai Varun and Sandeep Prakash (ECE /EEE 4 th year)
Secretary: Ananth Charan (ECE, 3 rd year)
Joint Secretary: Keshav Chandak (ECE, 3 rd year)
Associate Secretary (Membership): Girish (CSE, 3 rd year)
Treasurer: Akshay (EEE, 3 rd year)
Freshman Coordinator: Saloni (2 nd year)
Amulya (ECE 3 rd year)Secretary:
Raasi.C and Sandhya (ECE 3 rd year)Vice-Chair:
(ECE 3 rd year) Haarica IEEE WIE Affinity Group:
Year)th2. Paul George (ECE 4
Year)th1. Niladri Dutta (ECE 4
: Executive Members