The Department of Electrical Engineering in the School of Engineering at Shiv Nadar University invites applications for admissions to its Ph.D.
- Reliability Aware Design of Advanced Computing Architecture; Modelling of advanced transistor architectures and on-chip interconnects, and their circuit implications.
- Semiconductor/MEMS Sensors and Devices for various applications e.g. RF, biomedical, IoT, etc.
- Organic and Flexible Electronics: Organic Solar Cells, Perovskite Solar Cells (Increasing both Efficiency & Stability), Investigating Charge transport in Organic Semiconductors.
- IoT system architecture, IoT enabling technologies, IoT communication & networking protocols. IoT for smart agriculture, smart health, and smart cities.
- Electromagnetics, Machine learning, Energy systems, Photovoltaic Power System, Power Electronics, GaN power electronics, Transport in Advanced FETs.
- SIW/ OAM/Active/ MIMO Antenna, Active and passive circuit, Sub- Terahertz and Terahertz; Antennas, 5G antennas, and devices, Microwave devices, Multi-antenna (MIMO) systems for next-generation wireless systems (5G/6G).
- Brain Signal processing applications.
- Deep learning for wireless communications; Communication and networks including LAN and Wi-Fi 7; Wireless mobile communications including 4G, 5G, and beyond; IoT for short, mid, and long-range communication; Speech/audio/image/video Compression and Digital Video broadcasting.
Department is also engaged in interdisciplinary work with research groups spanning across schools at SNU.
|Level of Education of Applicant||Selection Process|
Candidate should have anyone of the following:
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated well in advance to appear for written tests and interviews. The written tests and interviews will be conducted at the Shiv Nadar University (SNU, NCR campus) at Gautam Buddha Nagar District (near Greater Noida), U.P. (admission process may be held online due to travel restrictions enforced by the government).
Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply.
Selection Process: The eligibility criteria mentioned above are the minimum and applications not meeting the same will be summarily rejected. Short-listed candidates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge through a written test and/or interview, to be held in July 2022. Selections will be based on past academic records, written examination and/or interview performance. Please note that candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria may still not be shortlisted for the admission process. The shortlisting will be done based on application material received (including the academic qualification, statement of purpose, and reference letters). The shortlisted candidates will be entitled to reimbursement of 3AC train fare (to and fro) against the actual ticket for appearing in the selection process. For outstation candidates, accommodation on SNU campus may be arranged on a payment basis. Transport may also be arranged from a few NCR metro stations.
Written Test Syllabus: Mathematical aptitude/reasoning and knowledge in core subjects of Electrical Engg. / Electronics & Communication Engg. (ECE) will be tested. (Refer latest GATE Syllabus of Electrical Engg. and ECE respectively).
Fees and Financial Assistance: Detailed information about the fee structure and the nature of assistantships are available on the website.
All full-time Ph.D. students admitted into the program shall receive a doctoral award (teaching and research assistantship) consisting of a tuition-fee waiver (as per department) and a monthly stipend of ₹40,000 for the first two years, and ₹45,000 for the next three years, subject to benchmarked performance. The continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory performance in the program evaluated continuously and compliance with all University regulations. Support will be available for deserving Ph.D. students to disseminate their work through conferences and publications. Please note that students with CSIR, UGC, INSPIRE, ICMR fellowships shall receive 100% tuition fee waiver.
Link to access the Ph. D. notification and application form: Click here
All interested applicants should apply online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. Please follow the instructions carefully. (Or interested applicants can directly apply using the link: Click here)
- Fill out all the mandatory fields
- Online upload the following documents:
- Passport size color photograph
- Current CV
- All Mark sheets/Degree Certificates (10th Standard onwards)
- Standardized Examination certificate- CSIR, UGC, GATE etc. (If applicable)
- A Statement of Purpose
- Application Fees: You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of ₹ 1,200 (One Thousand Two Hundred Only). The application fee may be paid online or a Demand Draft (in favor of “Shiv Nadar University” payable at NOIDA) may be sent to the under-mentioned address.
- After online submission, print the completed form and send it by speed post at the address given below. A reference letter in support of your application will also be required.
- Following is the checklist of the documents (You may add additional documents if required)
- Completed form
- Demand Draft for the application fee (If online-fee payment mode is not used)
Please note that the application is not deemed complete until we receive all the prescribed documents and application fees.
Last date for the receipt of the completed application form & application fee
June 30, 2022
|Call letter release to the shortlisted candidates (based on academic qualifications)||by July 5, 2022|
Written Tests: Only for the candidates called for Admission Process
July 18, 2022
|Interview of the shortlisted candidates only (based on written test cut-off)||July 19-20, 2022|
Declaration of Results
by July 26, 2022
Supporting documents and demand draft (if applicable) may be sent by Speed Post to:
Ms. Priyanka Verma
Administrative Assistant (Room No. C-212H)
Department of Electrical Engineering School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University
P.O. Shiv Nadar University, NH-91, Tehsil Dadri
District Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP, 201314, India.
Telephone No.: 0120- 7170100, Ext. 428, Mob. 807717321.
For further inquiry or information visit our website www.snu.edu.in
OR Contact Dr. Atul Vir Singh, Email: email@example.com (Co-ordinator, Ph.D. Program)