The Department of Electrical Engineering in the School of Engineering at Shiv Nadar University invites applications for admissions to its Ph.D.
Power system stability integrated with renewable energy and storage, RF and Microwave (Electromagnetics, Antenna) Engineering, Signal Processing and communication, VLSI Circuit design, Wireless mobile communication and networks, Advanced Semiconductor Devices / MEMS Devices.
Department is also engaged in interdisciplinary work with research groups spanning across schools at SNU.
First Division in M.E. / M. Tech. or equivalent in relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
M.S./M.Sc. students are also eligible under special circumstances. They must have exceptionally good academic credentials, preferably with a good GATE/CSIR/UGC-NET score, and strong aptitude for research.
|Shortlisted candidates will be intimated well in advance to appear for written tests and interviews. The written tests and interviews will be conducted at the Shiv Nadar University (SNU) campus in Gautam Buddha Nagar District (near Greater Noida), U.P.|
Selection Process: Eligibility criteria mentioned above are the minimum and applications not meeting the same will be summarily rejected. Short-listed candidates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge through an on-site written test and/or interview, to be held in July 2021. Selections will be based on past academic performance, written examination and/or interview. Please note that not all candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria may be shortlisted. The shortlisting will be done based on application material received (including the academic qualification, statement of purpose and reference letters).
Written Test Syllabus: Mathematical aptitude and Electrical / Electronics & Communication Engg. (Refer GATE-2021 Syllabus for details).
- Part time PhD program does not have any residential requirement. Hostel facility is not available for Part Time students
- Candidates can use the Guest House for overnight stay on the charges applicable.
- Candidates can also use current dining halls for food, by paying at the counter.
- There is no financial assistance available from SNU for this program.
- For 5th Year and beyond the fee charges will continue at ₹ 1,25,000 per year.
All interested applicants should apply online by clicking on “Apply Now” button. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Fill all the mandatory fields
- Online upload the following documents:
- Passport size color photograph
- Current CV
- All Mark sheets/Degree Certificates (10th Standard onwards)
- Standardized Examination certificate- CSIR, UGC, GATE etc. (If applicable)
- A Statement of Purpose
- Application Fees: You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fees of ₹ 1,200 (One Thousand Two Hundred Only). The application fee may be paid online or a Demand Draft (in favor of “Shiv Nadar University” payable at NOIDA) may be sent to the under mentioned address.
- After online submission, print the completed form and send by speed post at the address given below. A reference letter in support of your application will also be required.
- Following is the checklist of the documents (You may add additional documents if required)
- Completed form
- At least one reference letter in support of application
- Demand Draft for application fee (If online-fee payment mode is not used)
Please note that the application is not deemed complete until we receive all the prescribed documents and application fees.
Last date for the receipt of the completed application form & application fee
July 10, 2021
Written Tests and Interview
July 26-30, 2021
Declaration of Results
August 10, 2021
Supporting documents and demand draft (if applicable) may be sent by Speed Post to:
Mr. Priyanka Verma
Department of Electrical Engineering,
School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University
P.O. Shiv Nadar University, NH-91, Tehsil Dadri
District Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP, 201314, India.
Telephone No.: 0120-3819100, Ext. 428