Department of Electrical Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University was started in 2011 as one of the founding programs of the University. Since then it offers two undergraduate programs with major in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department has the best faculty handpicked from all over the world with specialization in communication engineering. The department has more than 14 laboratories with state of the art facilities. The objective of this program, BTech in ECE is to cater to the latest Research and Development in the field of communication.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Shiv Nadar University, Gautama Buddha Nagar offers a four-year Bachelor of Engineering Program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The program is designed to meet the Program Outcomes as identified by Washington Accord given as
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of engineering models.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning
Program Educational Objectives: Graduating Students of BE program of ECE Engineering will be able to
- Specify, design, prototype and test modern electronic systems that perform analog signal processing functions.
- Specify, design FPGA, VLSI and embedded systems that perform digital signal processing functions.
- Specify and design power supplies, power amplifiers and battery management systems for modern electronic products and systems
- Architect, partition, and select appropriate technologies for implementation of a specified wired and wireless communication system.
- Design essential elements (circuits and antennas) of modern RF/Wireless communication systems.
- Work in a team using common tools and environments to achieve project objectives.
- Recognize their professional and personal responsibility to the community.
- Pursue life-long learning as a means of enhancing the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to the betterment of their profession and community